Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Indian Ocean

Indian Ocean

Indian Ocean

Postby Gillzajoker » 01 Aug 2017 15:55

Just booked my next cruise (and it was a real struggle finding something that fitted in with my hosp. appts.). Costa neoRiviera, 25th Oct., 18 nts. Starting with 2 nts. in hotel in Mauritus then on to the Seychelles (2 nt. stopover), Nosy Be Is. then Diego Suarez and Tamatave in Madagascar, followed by Reunion Is. with an overnight stay, before heading back to Mauritius with again an overnight stay before disembarking. :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Re: Indian Ocean

Postby khkate » 01 Aug 2017 16:20

That sounds like an amazing itinerary and exploring a lovely part of the world too. Enjoy!
Cruises booked for the Med, Baltics, Canaries, Scandinavia, UK, Europe
khkate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Indian Ocean

Postby judgegeoff » 01 Aug 2017 17:42

Sounds fantastic Gill, do you need anybody to carry your cases? :D
Geoff

Cruises Booked

P&O "Aurora" Norwegian Fjords
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Indian Ocean

Postby Gillzajoker » 02 Aug 2017 09:39

Thanks, Kate and Geoff. I have done this itinerary before, but quite a while ago, so can't wait to see it all again! :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Indian Ocean

Postby grannyM » 02 Aug 2017 10:31

Nice one Gill. Glad you managed to book something that suits your timetable of appointments. Not long to wait either. :thumbup: :D
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Indian Ocean

Postby bobbyoscar » 02 Aug 2017 12:20

This sounds great and hope that you have an enjoyable time. I would so love to be able to book something only weeks away rather than years away. :lol:

Cruises booked:
August 2017 - Celebrity Eclipse - Fredericia – Copenhagen – Stockholm – Tallinn - St.Petersburg - Warnemunde
October 2018 – P & O Oriana - Cadiz - Catania - Corigliano Calabro – Venice –Zadar - Dubrovnik - Kotor - Corfu
February 2019 – P & O Aurora - Andalsnes – Tromso – Alta – Stavanger
bobbyoscar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Re: Indian Ocean

Postby tomvet » 02 Aug 2017 20:25

Witch! I am dead jealous! Spose the marine life is quaking in their boots pending your imminent arrival!

November 2017 - Phoenix Reisen M/S Aurelia - Cologne - Bonn - Cochem - Koblenz - Rudesheim - Frankfurt - Mainz - Cologne
April 2018 - Phoenix Reisen M/S Asara - Cologne - Amsterdam - Ijsselmeer - Hoorn - Rotterdam - Gorinchem - Arnheim - Cologne
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Indian Ocean

Postby Gillzajoker » 03 Aug 2017 14:28

Thanks, everyone........even Tom!
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Indian Ocean

Postby Gillzajoker » 11 Aug 2017 11:24

Panic Stations here! I mentioned I'd been to these islands before, and I knew you didn't need Visas 'in advance', but thought I would check anyway, in case things had changed. (I can't remember now, but IF 'Visas on Arrival' were required, the ship did a block booking and charged to your account). No 'specific' Visas necessary anywhere, but a blank page needed for each of the 4 countries. Checked passport....NO blank pages at all (and lots of the others had up to 5 stamps on them). :o :shock: So I'll have to renew my passport PDQ, even though it doesn't expire until Jan 2020! :cry:
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Indian Ocean

Postby grannyM » 11 Aug 2017 11:29

Gillzajoker wrote:Panic Stations here! I mentioned I'd been to these islands before, and I knew you didn't need Visas 'in advance', but thought I would check anyway, in case things had changed. (I can't remember now, but IF 'Visas on Arrival' were required, the ship did a block booking and charged to your account). No 'specific' Visas necessary anywhere, but a blank page needed for each of the 4 countries. Checked passport....NO blank pages at all (and lots of the others had up to 5 stamps on them). :o :shock: So I'll have to renew my passport PDQ, even though it doesn't expire until Jan 2020! :cry:

Hope you get it sorted Gill. Seems a shame to have to pay for a passport that has over three years before renewal. :o
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Next